ISSN : 2233-3746
E-ISSN : 2720-782X
Types of Submissions for Publication
1. The following types of papers may be submitted for publication in various fields of law:
a) Scientific article;
b) Academic review (recension);
c) Analysis of legal practice;
d) Translation of a scientific publication authored in a foreign language.
2. According to the decision of the Editor-in-Chief of the journal, it is possible to change, expand and reduce the rubrics.
Grounds for Publishing a paper in the Journal
1. It is possible to publish a paper in a journal:
a) By competition;
b) Based on the special invitation of the author by one of the members of the Editorial Board.
2. All scientific works will be subject to blind-review procedure.
Call for Papers
1. Information about the paper competition for publishing the journal is announced via the official web pages of the journal and the Faculty of Law of TSU.
2. The paper competition is announced twice a year, in January and July. Due to the objective editorial need, the rules on competition announcement may change by considering the annual periodicity of the journal.
Individuals Eligible to Make Submissions for Publication
1. The following persons are authorized to submit a paper for publication:
a) Professorship, academic staff members, visiting lecturers along with the Ph.D. students of the Faculty of Law of TSU, law schools of Georgian or foreign higher educational, and scientific-research institutions;
b) Native or foreign legal practitioners in the field of law;
c) Authors other than above who prepare a publication on the pressing issues of legal science and practice upon the request/invitation of the member of the Editorial Board.
2. The paper is to be submitted both individually and by co-authorship.
Rules and Documents for Making Submission for Publication
1. It is possible to submit an authentic study with genuine content provided by the author for its initial publication to the journal.
2. The paper will be rejected if a substantial part or the full version of it has already been published or is under the consideration for publication in another scientific issue.
3. The author making a submission to the journal provides Georgian and English versions of the scientific article, which must be composed by observing the high linguistic standards. Additionally, a translation of a foreign language paper must be submitted in Georgian. Analysis of legal practice and academic review (recension) may be submitted for publication in both Georgian and English upon the author's discretion.
4. The Editor-in-Chief of the journal is authorized to decide on translation of a single or all of the papers into English with the funding from the TSU budget.
5. For making a submission, the author must submit the following documents to the e-mail address of the journal (firstname.lastname@example.org):
a) Paper (full text provided both in Georgian and English languages), which should not exceed 7 000 (seven thousand) typed words (including an abstract, the main text, and the footnotes);
b) Annotation (in Georgian and English languages) limited to 300 (three hundred) words;
c) Keywords (limited to 10 (ten)) (in Georgian and English languages);
d) Bibliography (presented separately for the Georgian and English versions of the paper) in accordance with the rules set for its compilation (See, Appendix № 1).
e) Application form to the Editor-in-Chief, filled-in and signed by the author (See an Application Form ― Appendix № 2);
f) In the case of a doctoral student, a positive conclusion of the scientific supervisor;
g) In the case of submission by the person without the doctoral degree, a efficient review provided by an expert qualified in the research field of the submitted paper.
6. The author is obliged to observe strictly the academic standards of citation of the journal (See, Appendix № 3).
7. The text of the paper should be composed in Sylfaen_12 font, footnote ― Sylfaen_10 font, line spacing ― one interval.
8. Failure to comply with the requirements set by this Charter and academic standards of citation will result in the rejection of the paper for publication. Therefore, the submission will not be checked via the plagiarism program and will not be subject to the review procedure.
Approval of Publication
1. The consent of editorship on publishing the paper in a particular issue of the journal implies publication without modifications or with further editorial changes made by the author and/or upon their consent, in consideration of the recommendations of the reviewers and editors.
2. The author is informed about the publication by the Managing/Executive editors in writing via the official e-mail of the journal.
3. Upon the author's request, an official letter confirming the publication of the paper may also be issued in the form of acknowledgment.
4. The author is responsible for the deliberate submission of incorrect information to third parties on publication of the paper.